Hwy 210 and state and federal highways in the following counties Big Stone, Grant, Pope, Stevens, Swift, Traverse, and Wilken are now open
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. – (5:25 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation and the Minnesota State Patrol reopened Interstate 94 in Fergus Falls to the North Dakota border at 5:00 a.m. Even though state and federal roads are passible that does not mean county, township and municipal road are going to be in the same condition. Travel could still be difficult on county, township and municipal roads.
Highways now open include:
- I-94 between Fergus Falls and ND border
- Hwy 10 from Lake Park to Dilworth
- Hwy 210 from Fergus Falls and Breckenridge
- State and Federal highways in the following counties:
- Big Stone
- Check road conditions at www.511mn.org or call 511; it takes time to get roads back to good driving conditions.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for their trip.
- Stay back at least 10 car lengths behind the plow, far from the snow cloud.
- Stay alert for snowplows that turn or exit frequently and often with little warning. Plows may also travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions. Snowplows typically move at slower speeds.
For additional tips on safe winter driving, go to www.mndot.gov/workzone/winter.html.