No travel advisory lifted for west central Minnesota
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. – (6:55 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation has lifted the no travel advisory on the following state highways in west central Minnesota:
- Highway 29 – Wadena to Parkers Prairie
- Highway 78 – South of Battle Lake
- Highway 106 – Highway 10 to Deer Creek
- Highway 108 – Ottertail to Henning
- Highway 210 – Battle Lake to Hewitt
Snowplows have been out treating the roadways, but motorists should drive with caution as conditions may still be slippery, especially on bridges, overpasses and tunnels.
Motorists should remember to:
- Drive slowly on bridges, overpasses and tunnels.
- Use a safe speed for winter driving conditions, regardless of the posted speed limit.
- Keep a safe stopping distance from the vehicle in front of them.
- Keep both hands on the steering wheel and eyes on the road, and stay alert.
For additional tips on safe winter driving, go to www.mndot.gov/workzone/winter.html.