Overnight lane closures in Moorhead area begin May 21
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. – Motorists in the Moorhead area will encounter overnight lane closures on several highways the week of May 21.
Crews will complete maintenance work on and near several bridges between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. each night.
Affected bridges include:
- Interstate 94 Red River bridge
- Highway 10 Veterans Memorial bridge over the Red River
- Highway 75 bridges over I-94
- 20th Street bridge over I-94
- Main Avenue Southeast/County Road 52 bridge over I-94
- 34th Street bridge over I-94
- Highway 336 bridge over I-94
- Highway 336 bridge over Highway 10
- I-94 Buffalo River bridges
The maintenance work includes flushing the bridges, which removes sand and other particles that collect on the bridge joints and abutments. Crews also will look for deterioration that may have occurred during the winter and make repairs to the road surface.
The highways will remain open, but motorists may encounter short delays.
The work is occurring during overnight hours to minimize traffic impacts in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, visit www.511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.