MnDOT will improve south segment of Business Hwy 371 in 2022, get details at open house March 5
BAXTER, Minn. – The public is invited to attend an open house in Baxter on Thursday, March 5, to learn about a future 2022 project that will improve four miles of Business Highway 371 between Barrows and Joseph Street in Brainerd.
The open house will be held from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the MnDOT Office at 7694 Industrial Park Road, Baxter. Guests will learn about the future project, see layouts, take home handouts, and have an opportunity to speak with project staff. There is no formal presentation and attendees may arrive anytime.
The estimated $6 million Business Highway 371 project between 70th Avenue in Barrows and Joseph Street in Brainerd will:
- Resurface the road between 70th Avenue and Greenwood Street
- Install center left-turn lanes to improve access at the intersections of 70th Avenue, St. Mathias Road and Greenwood Street
- Reconstruct the road between Greenwood Street and Joseph Street in Brainerd, includes underground storm sewer
- Upgrade the signal system at Buffalo Hills Lane/Industrial Park Road
- Add pedestrian sidewalks and approaches between Industrial Park Road and Joseph Street
In 2018, MnDOT reconstructed Business Highway 371 between Highway 210 and Joseph Street. In 2022, this project will complete the remaining south segment in Brainerd. The project will provide a smoother road surface and improve motorist and pedestrian access and safety.
To request an ASL or foreign language interpreter, or other reasonable accommodation, call Janet Miller at 651-366-4720 or 1-800-657-3774 (Greater Minnesota), 711 or 1-800-627-3529 (Minnesota Relay). You also may send an email to ADArequest.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please request at least one week in advance, if possible.
# # #