Business Highway 371/S Sixth Street closure extends to Highway 210/Washington Street July 25
Local detour shifts to South Eighth Street
BAXTER, Minn. — Motorists who travel along Business Highway 371/S Sixth Street in Brainerd should plan their travel as a new temporary traffic configuration begins, and the road is closed between Highway 210/Washington Street and Willow Street, beginning Wednesday, July 25.
The change is needed while crews reconstruct the final segment road as part of the 2018 Highway 371B/S Sixth Street reconstruction project.
All businesses and local residences will remain accessible, though routes may change. Motorists should plan for the following beginning July 25:
- Highway 371B/South Sixth Street between Willow Street and Highway 210/Washington Street will close until further notice. A signed detour will direct vehicles along S Eighth Street, Oak Street, County Road 45/SE 13th Street, and Industrial Park Road.
- Cross street traffic to be maintained downtown between Oak Street and Highway 210/Washington Street. Only one of three cross streets to be closed; Oak Street, Maple Street or Laurel Street.
- Highway 371B/South Sixth Street remains open to local traffic between Willow Street and Joseph Street.
- A signed truck detour will direct commercial vehicles along County Road 117/Industrial Park Road, Highway 25 and Highway 210.
- Access to businesses and residents will be maintained and open at all times. However, expect to find access changes and gravel surfaces when navigating through work areas.
When complete in mid-October 2018, the project will reconstruct and redesign the roadway, upgrade city underground utilities and infrastructure, improve pedestrian accessibility, upgrade signal systems and replace road signs throughout the corridor.
Stay connected to the South Sixth Street project.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, visit w511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.
# # #