Work stages, traffic plan
2021 Project complete
reconstructed east to west in four work stages through Crosby and Ironton in 2021.Sidewalks will be reconstructed in segments throughout the entire project.
Stage 1 COMPLETE: East of Cross Ave. April 19 to May 31
- Work - Reconstruct Hwy 210/6 from east of Cross Ave. to east of 3rd Ave. E at the Cuyuna Hospital, includes sidewalks.
- Hwy 210 open - Both directions of traffic shifted onto either side of the road. Plan on narrow lanes, flaggers.
- 3rd Ave. E will remain open at all times for Hospital Emergency access.
- Replace pipe beneath road east of 3rd Ave. E
Stage COMPLETE: West of Cross Ave. June 1-5
- Work - Reconstruct west of Cross Ave. to the Hwy 210/6intersection, includes sidewalks.
- Hwy 210 closed - Use downtown Crosby detour via 2nd St. SW and Cross Ave. E.
- Hwy 210/Hwy 6 intersection open to north/south traffic
Stage 3: Intersection June 14-30
Hwy 210 work - Reconstruct the Hwy 210/6 intersection to 2nd St. SW, includes sidewalks.
- Hwy 210 intersection closed - Use downtown Crosby detour via 2nd St. SW and Cross Ave. E.
- Access Hwy 6 north of Crosby:
- Crosby/Deerwood to Hwy 6 north of Crosby use Co. Rd. 31 and Co. Rd. 30
- Ironton/Brainerd to Hwy 6 north of Crosby use Co. Rd. 30/Irene Ave.
Stage 4: Through Ironton June 14-30
Hwy 210 work - Resurface Hwy 210 from 7th Ave. in Ironton to 2nd St. SW in Crosby, update sidewalks and underground utility pipes.
- Hwy 210 open - Alternate one-way traffic with use of flaggers and pilot car.
- Hwy 210 closes for about four weeks from Co. Rd. 30/Irene Ave. in Ironton to 3rd St./Co. Rd. 33 to replace underground pipes and reconstruct segments of road.
- Hwy 210 detour uses Co. Rd. 30/Alice Ave. and Co. Rd. 33 in Ironton/Crosby.
- Hwy 6 detour uses Co. Rd. 30/Alice Ave in Ironton back to Hwy 6 north of Crosby
Wrap-up: July 1-30
Hwy 210 - Periodic single lane closures as crews complete any remaining work. Truck detour ended July 12.