The project will reconstruct Highway 371 in Cass Lake between Highway 2 and the railroad crossing, and resurface Highway 2 near the intersection with Highway 371. It includes storm sewer replacement, construction of a multi-use trail, sidewalks, curb and gutter, highway lighting and updated traffic signals.
Crews are expecting to complete the storm sewer August 20, weather permitting. They are working on grading and graveling. Construction of curb and gutter is scheduled for later next week. Motorists traveling on Highway 2 can expect lane closures as crews will also be placing traffic detector loops near the project.
(Updated August 16, 2019.)
Weekly public meetings are scheduled each Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. at Cass Lake City Hall, 330 Second St NW.
- Grading and resurfacing
- Storm sewer and city utilities upgrade
- Construction of a multi-use trail
- Pedestrian accessibility improvements, including sidewalks, curb and gutter
- Ambient highway lighting
- Traffic signal replacement
Phase 1 (Complete)
- Will last about 2 weeks and includes a 5-day detour at the end of the phase.
- Pavement/concrete work near the railroad crossing between Railroad St and 1st St SW
- When the detour is in place, Hwy 371 will be closed between Railroad St and 1st St SW for up to 5 days.
- Detour route- All traffic uses Phase 1/Truck detour
- Hwy 371- closed between Hwy 2 and Railroad St
- Hwy 2- lane closures near the intersection with Hwy 371
- Truck Detour
- Hubbard CR 45 and Hubbard CR 9/Cass CR 2/Nary Rd
- The truck detour is in effect for the duration of the project
- Phase 1 Detour
- 5-day closure of Hwy 371 between Railroad St and 1st St SW
- This detour is the same as the truck detour
- Will be in place for the end of Phase 1
- Phase 2 Detour
- Hwy 371 closed between Hwy 2 and Railroad St
- Regular traffic detoured onto Grant Utley Ave NW and Railroad St
- Truck traffic still uses the truck detour
- Local access will be maintained for homes and businesses located in the work zone
- All work on Hwy 2 will be done under traffic and will include lane closures