No travel advised in northwest Minnesota
Ice, snow and limited visibility create hazardous driving conditions
BEMIDJI, Minn. – (6:30 p.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation advises no travel on the following highways in northwest Minnesota.
- Highway 2- Crookston to East Grand Forks
- Highway 75- Perley to Warren
- Highway 220- Climax to Alvarado
Rainy conditions earlier today have contributed to icy roadways along with snow and limited visibility. No Travel Advised means that the roadway has deteriorated and/or visibility has been reduced to the point that it is very dangerous to travel. Motorists are advised not to travel in these areas until conditions improve.
Additionally, the following highways have flood related concerns:
Highways that remain closed:
- Highway 2B Sorlie Bridge in East Grand Forks
- Highway 220 north of Oslo, between Highway 1 and Highway 317
- Highway 317 between Highway 220 and North Dakota border
Highways that remain open, but currently have water over the road:
- Highway 9 south of Ada
For additional tips on safe winter driving, go to mndot.gov/workzone/winter.html.