Virtual open house for construction projects in the Thief River Falls area set for April 29
10 different projects taking place in the surrounding area
BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation invites residents, business owners and others to a virtual public meeting on Wednesday, April 29 at 5 p.m., to learn more about the upcoming construction projects in Thief River Falls and the surrounding area.
In a first of its kind virtual open house for MnDOT District 2, representatives of MnDOT, Pennington County, the City of Thief River Falls, and the Red Lake Watershed will be on hand to provide information regarding the projects and answer user-submitted questions. To register for the virtual open house visit the project website or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A recording of the meeting will be made available on the website for those who are not able to participate in the live event.
MnDOT road work has been identified as a critical service in Gov. Tim Walz’s Stay at Home executive order. We are being as flexible as possible with schedules during this period of lower traffic volumes to keep projects moving forward and minimize the impact to motorists. Following guidance from state and federal health officials, and to prevent further spread of COVID-19, crews will maintain social distancing practices while working.
Participants of the virtual open house can learn about 10 projects happening in Thief River Falls and the surrounding area:
- Hwy 1- Construct three roundabouts, frontage road and multi-use trail between Hwy 59 and Kinney Ave
- Hwy 1- Replace culvert west of the intersection with Hwy 59
- Hwy 1- Resurface between Hwy 219 and Pennington CR 18 east of Thief River Falls
- Hwy 32- Construct roundabout at the intersection with Pennington CR 8 and CR 16
- Hwy 32- Replace culvert south of Pennington CR 7
- Hwy 32- Resurface between Thief River Falls and St. Hilaire
- Hwy 32- Pedestrian improvements in St. Hilaire
- Pennington CR 8/Mark Blvd- Connect road with the construction of a new bridge over the Red Lake River
- Pennington CR 8/Mark Blvd- Construct roundabout at Pennington Ave S/Pennington CR 17 near Challenger Elementary
- Westside Flood Damage Reduction Project- Construct a diversion channel and drainage infrastructure on the west side of Thief River Falls. Underground storm sewer will be installed along Barzen Ave and Greenwood St, along with a new sanitary sewer.
The projects will not all begin at once. MnDOT and its partners have worked together to combine and stage detours to lessen the overall impact on motorists.
Visit the MnDOT website to learn more about each of the projects and to sign up for email updates at www.mndot.gov/d2/projects/2020/thief-river-falls or join the MnDOT northwest Minnesota Facebook group at www.facebook.com/groups/MnDOTnorthwest
MnDOT invites and encourages participation by all. We believe everyone should have an equal opportunity to enjoy the programs, services and activities we provide. If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate in this event, such as an ASL or spoken language interpreter, or need documents in an alternate format, such as braille or large print, please contact: Janet Miller at 651-366-4720 or e-mail ADArequest.email@example.com as soon as possible, but no later than 48 hours before the scheduled event.