Highway 220 closure extended from Highway 1 to Highway 11 due to flooding
Other area highways remained closed
BEMIDJI, Minn. — (2:30 p.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation announced the closure of Hwy 220 from Highway 1 to Highway 11 due to water over the road. Use caution and obey road signs posted in the area.
Highways that remain closed:
- Highway 1 from Oslo to CR 17
- Highway 2B Sorlie Bridge in East Grand Forks
- Highway 220 north of Oslo, between Highway 1 and Highway 11
- Highway 317 between Highway 220 and North Dakota border
- Highway 102 northwest of Fertile from Hwy 32 to CR 44
When a road is closed it is illegal to travel in that area. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. In addition, if travelers need to be rescued from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.
Check 511mn.org before traveling for information on road conditions, closures and detour routes. For additional updates, ‘like’ MnDOT at facebook.com/groups/mndotnorthwest, and follow @mndotnews on Twitter.