Highway 2 closed from North Dakota border to Crookston
No travel advised on other area highways
BEMIDJI, Minn. — (4:30 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation and the Minnesota State Patrol have closed highways in northwest Minnesota due to high winds and blowing snow causing whiteout conditions. Other area roads are listed as no travel advised.
- Hwy 2 from North Dakota to Crookston
- Hwy 200 from North Dakota to Ada
No travel advised:
- Hwy 2 from Crookston to Bagley
- Hwy 9 from Crookston to Borup
- Hwy 32 from Hwy 2 to Hwy 113
- Hwy 75 from Warren to Perley
- Hwy 92 from Hwy 32 to Gully
- Hwy 102 from Crookston to Fertile
- Hwy 113 from Hwy 32 to Hwy 59
- Hwy 200 from Ada to Hwy 32
- Hwy 220 from Alvarado to Climax
Motorists should plan accordingly. When a road is closed it is illegal to travel in that area. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or sentenced to 90 days in jail. In addition, if travelers need to be rescued from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.
For tips on safe winter driving, go to mndot.gov/workzone/winter.html.