All traffic control and impacts to the travelling public have been removed until next season.
Next year’s work is tentatively scheduled to begin May 9th, 2022.
About this project
Urban section (Hwy 23 to Kettle River Bridge)
- Roadway resurfacing
- Between Hwy 23 and Division Street will be a reclaim (with 2” mill) and overlay
- Between Division Street and Park Avenue will be a 2” mill and overlay
- Realignment of Hwy 123 and Hwy 23 intersection. Click here to view design of realignment
- Pedestrian curb ramps will be updated to meet current ADA standards
- Extend sidewalk along Main Street from Phase Recycling to Old Military Road
- Extend sidewalk along 3rd street on north side of the road from Court Avenue to Park Avenue and widen shoulder from Park Avenue to Grand Avenue to accommodate a walkable/bikeable connection
- Storm sewer and drainage improvements
- Isolated sidewalk and curb and gutter replacement (on in-place system)
Rural section (Park Avenue to Hwy 30)
- Roadway section will consist of a full depth bituminous reclaim and overlay
- Addition of a right turn lane at Prison Road
Past public meeting
MnDOT hosted a virtual public open house Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020, to showcase the Sandstone project. For those unable to attend the live meeting, a recording of the meeting is below.