Mobile Lane Closures on the Blatnik Bridge July 30
DULUTH, Minn. – Motorists should be aware of mobile lane closures on the Minnesota bound side of the I-535 Blatnik Bridge on Thursday, July 30. The inside lane will be closed starting at 9 a.m. and last for one day. MnDOT crews will be conducting surveys on the median.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
For more information on projects in northeast Minnesota, follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/groups/MnDOTnortheast and Twitter at @mndotnortheast. For real-time traffic and travel information in Minnesota, visit 511mn.org.