Bridge deck maintenance projects run June 23-25
DULUTH, Minn. —MnDOT crews will completing bridge deck maintenance in multiple locations on June 23-25 during daytime hours. On northbound I-35 in Duluth at the DMIR Ore Dock, motorists can expect alternating right and left lane closures. On northbound Hwy 33 at the St. Louis River Bridge in Cloquet, there will be alternating right and left lane closures.
Road work continues to be a critical service. MnDOT is committed to protecting the health, safety and well-being of its employees, contractors and all Minnesotans. Crews continue to follow the guidance of state and federal health officials to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
For more information on projects in northeast Minnesota, follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/groups/MnDOTnortheast and Twitter at @mndotnortheast. For real-time traffic and travel information in Minnesota, visit 511mn.org.