Southbound I-35 closures at Hwy 45 June 22 and 23
DULUTH, Minn. —MnDOT will have closures on I-35 southbound at Hwy 45 near Scanlon for drain cleaning, guard rail repair, and bridge deck work on June 22 and 23. The I-35 southbound right lane on the Hwy 45 bridge will be closed. The southbound onramp to I-35 from Hwy 45 will also be closed. A detour will be posted to Hwy 210.
Road work continues to be a critical service. MnDOT is committed to protecting the health, safety and well-being of its employees, contractors and all Minnesotans. Crews continue to follow the guidance of state and federal health officials to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
For more information on projects in northeast Minnesota, follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/groups/MnDOTnortheast and Twitter at @mndotnortheast. For real-time traffic and travel information in Minnesota, visit 511mn.org.