Routine inspections, right lane closures on the Blatnik Bridge
DULUTH, Minn. —The Minnesota Department of Transportation will be conducting routine inspections for the Blatnik Bridge on July 6-23. Motorists may encounter right lane closures and reduced speeds between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday.
Crews will begin inspections on the eastbound side and then move to the westbound side. Speeds will be reduced to 45 mph.
Road work continues to be a critical service. MnDOT is committed to protecting the health, safety and well-being of its employees, contractors and all Minnesotans. Crews continue to follow the guidance of state and federal health officials to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
For more information on projects in northeast Minnesota, follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/groups/MnDOTnortheast and Twitter at @mndotnortheast. For real-time traffic and travel information in Minnesota, visit 511mn.org.