Governor's Advisory Council on Connected
and Automated Vehicles
Executive order 18-04 establishes the Governor’s Advisory Council on Connected and Automated Vehicles. The advisory council is responsible for:
- Consulting with government entities, communities, stakeholders, automotive industry, business, labor, technology companies, advocacy groups, and educational institutions.
- Preparing a report to the Governor and Legislature by December 1, 2018. The report will recommend changes in statutes, rules, and policies in the following areas:
- Transportation infrastructure and network
- Cyber security and data privacy standards
- Vehicle registration, driver training, licensing, insurance, and traffic regulations
- Promotion of economic development, business opportunities, and workforce preparation, and Accessibility and equity for all Minnesotans.
- Accessibility and equity for all Minnesotans, with a particular focus on rural communities, elderly Minnesotans, Minnesotans with disabilities, low-income communities, communities of color, and American Indians.