Weekend traffic impacts: April 28-30
Last updated Thursday, April 27
Check back often for the latest news on weekend closures. For up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions, visit 511mn.org or download our 511 app.
New this weekend
86th St. bridge over I-35W in Bloomington
- The 86th St. bridge over I-35W is closed through October
I-94 Minneapolis to Brooklyn Center
- The ramp from WB I-94 to Hennepin/Lyndale Avenues is closed through Wed, May 3 and the ramps from WB I-94 to SB Lyndale Ave. and 4th Ave. to WB I-94 are closed through Mon, May 8. There are several other ramp closures and a sidewalk and bicycle path closure.
- Beginning Mon, May 1 Shingle Creek Pkwy to WB I-94/I-694 and WB I-94/I-694 to Shingle Creek Pkwy will be closed through Mon, May 15.
- Expect lane shifts and restrictions on EB I-94 and WB I-94 between Shingle Creek Pkwy and Nicollet Ave in Mpls through the end of 2017
- EB I-94 reduced to two lanes between I-694/I-94 split and Hwy 252 through June
Hwy 610 in Maple Grove
- Hwy 610 is restricted to a single lane in each direction between Elm Creek Blvd and I-94 in Maple Grove through 8 p.m. Thu, June 8
- The ramp from westbound Cty Rd 81 to westbound Hwy 610 and the ramp from eastbound Hwy 610 to eastbound Cty Rd 81 are closed through 8 p.m. Thu, June 8
Existing and ongoing
Co Rd 42 at I-35W in Burnsville
- WB Co Rd 42 is closed and detoured between the ramps of I-35W through May 22
Hwy 10 at I-35W in Arden Hills
- The ramp from WB Hwy 10 to NB I-35W is closed through late-August
Hwy 36 Oakdale to Oak Park Heights
- Lane closures both directions of Hwy 36 between I-694 and Oak Park Heights for cable median barrier installation
Hwy 51/Snelling Ave St. Paul to Roseville
- The ramp from Como Ave. to NB Hwy 51/Snelling Ave. will be closed through Wed, May 10
- Hwy 51/Snelling Ave is one lane in each direction between Como Ave and Hwy 36 through October
I-94 St. Paul to Maplewood
- The Maple St. pedestrian bridge over I-94 will be closed for another week.
- Drivers should expect lane restrictions in both directions, traffic delays and temporary exit/entrance ramp closures as project work continues between St. Paul and Maplewood. There are several ramp closures and detours.
I-94 St. Paul to Minneapolis
- MnDOT maintenance crews are working along I-94 between St. Paul and Mpls applying weed control, pruning trees, and removing dead and invasive trees and growth on the right of way. This work will last through summer 2017.
Hwy 95 at the St. Croix Crossing
- Both NB and SB lanes of Hwy 95 will be reduced to one lane under the bridge through May 13
Hwy 169 Edina to Golden Valley
- Both directions of Hwy 169 between Bren Rd and 7th St (5th St, Lincoln Dr) are closed as the Nine Mile Creek bridge is replaced
- There are several lane closures and the ramp from westbound I-394 to southbound Hwy 169 is closed through October
I-494 in Bloomington
- One lane moved to shoulder for 3 weeks
I-694 Little Canada to Arden Hills
- EB I-694 is restricted to two lanes separated by a concrete median barrier between Hwy 10 and I-35E. The inside lane carries through traffic and must continue east on I-694. The outside lane allows local ramp access and must continue south on I-35E
- WB I-694 is reduced to two lanes
- The ramp from Rice St to WB I-694 is now closed for the duration of project work