Regularly updated traffic information
Other UPA Cities
- Interstate 35W, south of Kenwood Trail at Kenrick Avenue, Lakeville, Dakota County
To view location map click here
- January 2009- contract awarded
- March 2009- construction begins
- September 2009 - anticipated completion
Traffic impact during construction
For more information on this project:
560 Sixth Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55411
Adolphson and Peterson Construction
Total project budget is $11.9 million
Kenrick Avenue Park & Ride in Lakeville
A 750-space three-level ramp is being constructed just south of Kenwood Trail on the northbound side of I-35. This site is a former Mn/DOT weigh station and currently functions as a park & pool lot.This is one of many transportation projects funded by the Urban Partnership Agreement, a collaboration of federal, state and local entities working to improve traffic by reducing congestion on Interstate 35W, Highway 77/Cedar Avenue and in downtown Minneapolis.
- Will provide express services to downtown Minneapolis with a new route. The times and frequency of the service has not been determined.
- Reduces traffic congestion by taking as many as 100 cars off the road per bus trip. Public transportation riders can achieve an average annual saving of $8,368 per year by using public transportation instead of driving, according to the American Public Transportation Association's "Transit Savings Report."
In 2008, Lakeville agreed to join the regional transit taxing district in anticipation of two new transit UPA-funded park and ride facilities. Upon completion, the ramp will contain elevators, stairways, and bus driver restrooms. The access ramps to and from I-35 will be provided for bus-only access to the park and ride in the northbound direction.
Senator Amy Klobuchar
U.S. Congressional District
Congressional District 2
Representative John Kline
State Senate District
Senate District 36
Senator Pat Pariseau
State House District
House District 36A
Representative Mary Liz Holberg