Minnesota Ride Link
Linking veterans, military families and others to local transportation
Minnesota Ride Link provides quick and easy information about transportation services by linking veterans, military families, and others to a single source of information for trips in their local area (e.g. trips for employment, medical, recreation, and shopping). The link is made by connecting to the MinnesotaHelp Network™, the state’s existing one-call/one-click virtual information center.
MinnesotaHelp Network™ is a network of call centers and a website, which provides information and referrals on a variety of topics including transportation. Call centers include the Veterans Linkage Line, the Senior LinkAge Line, and the Disability Linkage Line. Minnesota Ride Link expands options for finding transportation information by adding veteran service organizations and transportation providers to the Network.
Agencies partnering with the Network can route and transfer calls, chat, conference, and send secure email in real-time so that clients can get the information they need to schedule a ride. In addition, they can help partner agencies and the public find transportation information via the web.
Partner agencies continue to be added to the MinnesotaHelp Network™. Eligible agencies include:
- County veterans service offices
- Public and non-profit transportation providers
- Inter-city bus providers
- Veteran affairs hospitals, homes, clinics and other veteran service organizations
- Ride Link Guide: Steps to Using Revation (Word)
- A Guide for Veteran Organizations and Transportation Providers (Word)
- Overview of Ride Link Project (Word)
State agency partners provide project management and lead collaboration among local entities in improving transportation assistance to veterans, military families, caregivers, and others. Minnesota Ride Link is funded through a federal Veterans Transportation and Community Living Initiative grant and state sources of funds. Partner agencies include:
- Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs
- Minnesota Board on Aging
- Minnesota Department of Human Services
Christopher A. Benson
State Program Administrator