Every transit system works with procurement at some level for the purchase of goods and/or services or to generate revenues. Whatever the case, making each procurement successful is key to running your transit system.
This procurement checklist (DOC) is meant to assist transit system personnel in determining that all steps are taken to fully complete a procurement, whether it is for a one-time purchase or for on-going operations and/or services.
- Micro purchase - Acquisition of supplies, services and construction in amounts of $5,000 or less.
- Small purchase - Acquisition of supplies, services, and construction in amounts ranging from $5,000 to $100,000.
- Invitation for bid - Sealed bidding in which bids are publicly solicited and a firm fixed price contract is awarded to the responsible bidder.
- Request for proposals - Competitive proposals when the nature of the procurement does not lend itself to sealed bidding and the recipient expects that more than one source will be willing and able to submit an offer or proposal.
- Other than full and open competition - Under certain circumstances, a recipient may conduct procurement without providing for full and open competition.