The New Freedom Grant, supported with federal funds, is intended to provide funding for new transportation services and public transportation alternatives beyond the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The services and alternatives must assist individuals with disabilities with accessing transportation.
State Management Guidelines (PDF, 375 KB)
Who is eligible to apply
Minnesota entities who fall into these categories:
- State or local governments
- Private nonprofit organizations
- Operators of public transportation services
- Private operators of public transportation services
To apply and applications
We are currently not accepting applications.
2013 New Freedom project recipients
- Tri-Valley Opportunity Council, Inc.
- Tri-County Action Program, Inc.
- VINE Faith in Action, Inc.
- Western Community Action, Inc.
- St. Cloud Metropolitan Transit Commission
- City of Moorhead
For more information
JARC/New Freedom Grant Program (5317) Coordinator
395 John Ireland Boulevard
St. Paul, MN 55155
Transit Grant Programs