The grant application period is now closed for intercity bus projects spanning July 1, 2014 through Dec. 31, 2015.
- Form A - applicant overview (Excel, 28 KB)
- Form B-1 - operating assistance, budget (Excel, 41 KB)
- Form B-2 - operating assistance, timetable (Excel, 31 KB)
- Form C - capital and marketing assistance (Excel, 35 KB)
- Form D - fleet inventory (Excel, 41 KB)
- Application instructions (PDF, 160 KB)
About Intercity Bus Service
MnDOT's Office of Transit provides state and federal funding through capital, operating and marketing assistance to support intercity bus transportation.
Intercity Bus Service is:
- Regularly scheduled bus service for the general public
- Operates with limited stops over fixed routes connecting two or more urban areas not in close proximity
- Makes meaningful connections with scheduled intercity bus service to more distant points, if such service is available.
Minnesota Intercity Bus Program Guidance
MnDOT's Intercity Bus Program priorities and solicitations are guided by the Minnesota Intercity Bus Study, published in 2014. Further guidance is provided by the Federal Transit Administration Circular 9040.1F (Chapter VIII).
State program coordinator