The grant application period is now open for intercity bus projects spanning July 1, 2014 through Dec. 31, 2015. Applications will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Jan. 31, 2014. Consult the application instructions for more infomation.
- Form A - applicant overview (Excel, 28 KB)
- Form B-1 - operating assistance, budget (Excel, 41 KB)
- Form B-2 - operating assistance, timetable (Excel, 31 KB)
- Form C - capital and marketing assistance (Excel, 35 KB)
- Form D - fleet inventory (Excel, 41 KB)
- Application instructions (PDF, 160 KB)
About intercity bus service
MnDOT's Office of Transit provides state and federal funding through capital, operating and marketing assistance to support intercity bus transportation.
The intercity bus service:
- Available to the general public
- Operates between two or more cities
- Regularly scheduled bus service with limited stops
Minnesota Intercity Bus Program Guidance
MnDOT's Intercity Bus Program priorities and solicitations are guided by the Minnesota Intercity Bus Network Study, published in 2010. An update of the study is currently underway and due for release in early 2014. Further guidance is provided by the Federal Transit Administration Circular 9040.1F (Chapter VIII).
State program coordinator