State fiscal year 2014 application is closed.
Intercity Bus program overview
Federal Program 5311(f) provides assistance to support intercity bus transportation. Intercity service is regularly scheduled bus service for the general public which operates with limited stops over fixed routes connecting two or more urban areas not in close proximity.
The program is funded by appropriating 15% from the Federal Non-Urbanzied Area Formula Program (Section 5311). These funds support intercity bus services to non-urbanized areas of greater Minnesota though capital, operating and marketing assistance.
Who is eligible to apply
Minnesota entities that fall into these categories:
- Private for-profit intercity carriers
- Private non-profit intercity carriers
- Local transit providers
- Public bodies proposing to provide intercity bus service
The Minnesota Intercity Bus Program is guided by the FTA Circular 9040.1F, Chapter VIII, of the Federal Transit Administration.
State fiscal year 2014 Intercity Bus application
This application is closed. However, the forms below are provided for your reference.
- Application instructions (PDF, 100 KB)
- Applicant overview (Excel, 21 KB)
- Operating assistance (Excel, 39 KB)
- Capital assistance (Excel, 23 KB)
- Supplemental information (Excel, 47 KB)
- Marketing assistance (Excel, 31 KB)
Minnesota Intercity Bus Network Study
MnDOT's Intercity Bus Program priorities and solicitations are guided by the Minnesota Intercity Bus Network Study, published in 2010. The Office of Transit plans to conduct an updated of the study in 2013.
Minnesota Intercity Bus Program - Federal Section 5311 (f)
State Program Coordinator
395 John Ireland Boulevard, MS 430
Saint Paul, MN 55155
Transit Grant Programs