Applications are now closed.
Elderly and Persons with Disabilities Program (Section 5310): This is a capital assistance grant program providing 80 percent funding for the purchase of wheelchair-accessible vans and buses for private non-profit organizations to serve elderly and/or disabled people, public bodies that coordinate services for the elderly and disabled, or any public body that certifies to the State that non-profits in the area are not readily available to carry out the services.
Who is Eligible to Apply
Minnesota entities who fall into these categories:
- State or local governments
- Private nonprofit organizations
- Operators of public transportation services
- Private operators of public transportation services
- Tribal governments
How to Apply / Questions
- Review the application requirements and instructions found in the below attachments.
- Download forms, complete applications.
- Submit both a hard copy (physical) and electronic copy (email, cd rom, or floppy disk) to:
Elderly Persons and Persons with Disabilities Capital Grant Program (5310) Coordinator
395 John Ireland Boulevard
St. Paul, MN 55155
Transit Grant Programs