Jump to main content.
Minnesota Department of Transportation

511 Travel Info

Installing roadway lights
Lighting - Contacts
Traffic Engineering | Publications | Lighting Training | Lighting Committees/Meetings | Contact Us

wiring a roadway light

Lighting Contact

Lighting Site Navigation

Lighting Plan Sheets

Traffic Engineering Sites

MnDOT Projects


For more technical information on Traffic lighting design or operation on MnDOT projects


Contact Sue Zarling


email susan.zarling@state.mn.us

call 651-234-7052



Other Questions


Traffic Engineering staff will answer any questions regarding statewide policy, standards, and their implementation.



Who Do I Contact?


How do I get a roadway light installed or fixed?


The contact depends on the type of road. You need to know which government agency owns and operates the roadway light or has jurisdiction of the roadways.



For lighting requests on:


State highway system contact the district traffic engineer at your State Traffic Engineers.


State highways system includes:

intersatae symbol Interstate Highways
U.S. Highway symbol U.S. Highways
Minnesota State Highway symbol Minnesota State Highways


Local streets and highways contact your local road authority (county, city or township). County Engineers or City Engineers