Continuing Education Unit and
Professional Development Hours
Minnesota requirements for licensure and registration can change often. Please check your requirements - whether the program qualifies for continuing education units or professional development hours.
- CPU/PDH details (pdf)
- Lighting Design
- Safety Courses
- Signing Design
- Traffic Signal
- Work Zone
- Other Traffic Related
- Corridor Simulation Modeling
- NHI Courses Federal Highway Administration
- LTAP Courses Minnesota Local Technical Assistance Program
- CTS Events Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota
- ITE Courses Institute of Transportation Engineers
Systems Engineering for ITS Workshop
Schedule: Feb. 18-19, 2014
Course flyer: Course flyer (PDF)
Description:The workshop will cover:
- Benefits of using systems engineering
- How to satisfy the Federal requirements for systems engineering as documented in Rule 940.11
- How to apply systems engineering to your traditional project delivery processes. A combination of lectures, transportation examples, and exercises will be used to illustrate the basic concepts and introduce the topics. The workshop will culminate with a review that will focus on the useful application of systems engineering in your specific project delivery process.
This two-day workshop includes two parts:
- Systems Engineering Training – Learn about systems engineering, moving from general concepts to the specifics of how systems engineering is being used for actual transportation projects.
- Process Improvement Review – The workshop participants apply what they have learned about systems engineering to their own project delivery process. The existing project delivery process and sample project deliverables are reviewed and discussed. Facilitators and participants will work together to develop a set of process improvement recommendations. Workshop participants will meet on the morning of the last day to discuss and refine preliminary recommendations.
Audience: Public sector professionals involved in ITS project delivery including project managers and transportation planning, design, construction, operations, and maintenance professionals that participate in ITS project development. Private sector consultants under contract to the public sector to support ITS planning and project development.
ITS Project Manager Design Class and Update Class
Schedule: Next course is Jan. 15-16, 2014
Course flier 1 (word)
Course flier 2 (word)
Description: This 1½ day ITS design course is designed to enable the participants to obtain a high level understanding of the fundamental concepts and MnDOT standard design practices related to the design and construction of Intelligent Transportation Systems within the State of Minnesota. This first of its kind class is intended for ITS designers and ITS project managers. Class participants will receive a new 2012 MnDOT ITS Project Management Design Manual and other related training material. This class is not intended to cover detailed design process.
The second ½ day is an update course dedicated to MnDOT ITS design changes of the last year. A prerequisite to attend this half day is attendance in a previous MnDOT ITS design class. Attendees do not have to attend day 1 of this class to attend day 2, ½ day update, if they attended a previous MnDOT ITS Project Manager Design class.
Audience: State, county, city, contractors and consultant personnel involved with the design and construction of Intelligent Transportation Systems.
PTOE Refresher Course
Schedule: Next course is September 2014