The Office of Land Management is also responsible for the preparation and review of legal descriptions.
- Prepare legal descriptions, both plat and narrative, for acquisition documents as well as for Turnbacks and Reconveyances so that Mn/DOT will control the land identified by the orders of the Commissioner of Transportation.
- Review acquisition documents, highway plat descriptions and mapping prepared by Mn/DOT Districts, for compliance with the Minnesota State Statutes, the highway plat standards and to Mn/DOT guidelines.
- Provide research and interpretation of existing legal descriptions to Mn/DOT and to outside agencies.
- Prepare and review additional legal descriptions for outside agencies and partnerships.
- Right of Way Mapping and Monitoring
- Right of Way Map Order Form
- Geodetic Monument Viewer
- MnCORS Network Status Map
- Surveying and Mapping Manuals
- OLM ftp site
What we do
- Act as the primary contact on all right of way (R/W) plat and professional land surveying issues for Mn/DOT.
- Provide training, guidance, and support to Mn/DOT district offices on preparing R/W plats.
- Develop and manage the policies and procedures relating to plats and land surveying issues.
- Conduct reviews on the reestablishment and certification of Government Land Corners to assure compliance with Mn/DOT standards and Minnesota Statutes.
- Prepare the Official Commissioner’s Orders to identify the limits of the right of way required for highway purposes as designated by the Commissioner of Transportation.
- Maintain the files of the official orders of the Commissioner describing the highway right of way under the jurisdiction of the Commissioner.
- Modify the existing Commissioner’s Orders on release of right of way from the Trunk Highway system to retain the integrity of the system.
- Provide certified copies of Commissioner’s Orders as required for condemnation and other legal purposes.
- Search for Commissioner's Orders Online by Order Number, City, etc..