The art, science, and technology of obtaining reliable information about physical objects, the environment and terrain, through processes of recording, measuring and interpreting stereoscopic aerial images.
A set of techniques and tools used to gather and process information about an area of land or object without direct physical contact.
- Right of Way Mapping and Monitoring
- Right of Way Map Order Form
- Geodetic Monument Viewer
- MnCORS Network Status Map
- Surveying and Mapping Manuals
- OLM ftp site
Publications / Forms
- GPS/RTK Accuracy & Procedure Report - PDF (2.5 MB)
- Request Form for Photogrammetric Mapping - Docx (20 KB)
- Request Form for Aerial Photography - Docx (21 KB)
- USGS -Maps, Imagery and Publications
- ASPRS Online - American Society for Photogrammetry & Remote Sensing
- ISPRS - International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
What we do
Photogrammetry and remote sensing in transportation have long been recognized as an efficient and effective method for increasing engineering production at all levels. The Photogrammetric Unit provides its clients with the following photogrammetric and remote sensing products and services, which are used as the basis of Mn/DOT's program delivery process:
- Vertical aerial photography, digital multi-spectral imagery and remote sensing data acquisition in coordination with district survey
personnel and private partners.
- Analytical Aero-Triangulation Solutions.
- Planimetric Feature Compilation.
- Digital Elevation Model (LIDAR) Production.
- Digital Terrain Model Compilation.
- Orthophoto Production.
- Private Partner Consultant Contract Management for Photogrammetric and Remote Sensing products and services.
Mapping Feature Specifications - PDF (24 MB)