Transportation Strategic Management and Operations Advisory Task Force
The 2008 Minnesota Legislature established the task force to advise the Governor and the Legislature on management and operations strategies that will improve efficiency in transportation. The task force was charged with identifying strategies and making recommendations to improve efficiency in:
- State transportation construction and maintenance projects
- Management of state transportation infrastructure
What are we doing?
- A status report was delivered to the task force co-chairs, Governor, and legislative transportation committees on 2/18/10, describing how we intend to use the peer review in response to their first recommendation, as well as our progress with the other two recommendations
- The peer review preliminary assessment, on-site assessment and oral report tasks have been completed by ASCE and CTS. The final written report will present ASCE’s peer review findings and also summarize information that CTS gathered regarding other DOT resource allocation processes and organizational structures. Mn/DOT will tie the peer review findings to existing internal efforts to identify statewide priorities for projects and programs.
- ASCE submitted their written report on July 2 and CTS submitted their scan of other DOT practices around resource allocation and organizational structure on July 9.
- MnDOT peer review steering committee met on July 15 to discuss talking points, actions/next steps and distribution of the peer review findings.
- The Stewardship Council reviewed talking points, actions/next steps and distribution recommendations on July 27.
- Share peer review findings, talking points, actions and distribution plans with the Governor’s Office for approval
- Distribute peer review findings
- Fold peer review findings into program review and other organizational efforts