Business Information Plan
The Business Information Council (BIC) will develop and implement a data business plan for Mn/DOT. This plan will outline processes for identifying and prioritizing data and information gaps and needs, identify data management principles, and implement data governance at Mn/DOT. Implementing a data business plan will lead to prioritized decisions relating to data. The Data Governance and GIS work teams take their charges from the BIC.
What are we doing?
- Chapters of the Data Business Plan that provide background and recommendations to address data gaps and needs and strengthen data governance have been completed and approved by the Business Information Council (BIC).
- A final chapter with recommendations on GIS will be completed and presented to BIC for approval in November.
- Approved portions of the draft plan have been forwarded to the Communications Office for editing and formatting.
- The consultant contract for providing technical assistance and leadership is being closed out.
- Champions are being identified to work with stakeholders on tactical work plans for addressing plan recommendations in calendar years 2011-2012.
- A Data Governance Board is being proposed to replace the BIC and oversee the implementation of Data Business Plan recommendations.
- Data Gaps and Data Governance will be reviewed with Division Directors in early December 2010.
- A final draft plan will be shared and discussed with the Mn/DOT Stewardship Council in mid-December 2010.