Current construction impacts
Current traffic impacts
- Traffic is single-lane on Hwy 36 between east of Osgood Ave and Hwy 95.
Hwy 36/Hwy 95 ramp
- Traffic remains single-lane east of Osgood Ave until the ramp is complete.
- Periodic pile driving for cast-in-place approach bridge falsework on Minnesota land is underway through winter 2015-16. Falsework is a series of temporary structures that support the bridge spans during construction until the bridge can support itself.
Wisconsin bluff construction activities
- Crews will clear trees as needed on the Wisconsin bluff as part of Pier 13 construction. This will occur through winter 2015-16. The width of removal is limited to no more than 10 ft. beyond each side of the bridge and is adjacent to Pier 13.
- Pier 13 construction is underway through winter 2015-16.
- Work is occurring at Piers 10 and 11 in the St. Croix River. Crews are using barges/boats to access these pier locations. Pier 8 is the river pier closest to Minnesota land and Pier 12 is closest to Wisconsin land.
- Crossbeam construction is complete at all five river piers. The crossbeam connects the upstream and downstream columns at each pier location.
- Pier table construction is complete at all five river piers.
- Pier tower construction is complete at Piers 8, 9 and 12 and is underway at Piers 10 and 11.
- Pre-cast river bridge segment installation will resume in spring 2016. Read more about the bridge deck construction process.