Current construction impacts
Current traffic impacts
- Traffic is single-lane in both directions on Hwy 95 north of the Hwy 36/95 intersection through fall 2015.
- Traffic is single-lane on Hwy 36 between east of Osgood Ave and Hwy 95.
Minnesota road work clean-up
- Minor Minnesota road work clean-up activities will occur through July.
- Temporary shoulder closures are possible during this time.
- Construction begins the week of July 13 through August.
- Lane and shoulder closures on westbound Hwy 36 west of Osgood Ave. will occur to install weigh-in-motion loops under the pavement.
- The exit ramp from westbound Hwy 36 to Hwy 5 will be temporarily narrowed to allow construction crews to widen the ramp.
- Ramp widening provides law enforcement with a safe place to properly weigh commercial vehicles that trigger the weigh-in-motion loops on Highway 36.
N. Frontage Road realignment near Osgood Ave
- Construction will begin in July on the N. Frontage Road between Oren Ave. and Osgood Ave. See map (PDF)
- At least one lane of traffic will be maintained on Oren Ave. during construction.
- Construction is anticipated to be complete in fall 2015.
- Contact Eric Johnson, Oak Park Heights city administrator, at 651-439-4439 with questions about utility work.
- Contact Joe Campbell, Washington County construction engineer, at 651-430-4317 with questions about road work.
Hwy 36/Hwy 95 ramp
- Traffic remains single-lane east of Osgood Ave until the ramp is complete.
- Periodic pile driving for bridge falsework and Pier 13 located on the Wisc. bluff will occur through summer 2015. Falsework is a series of temporary structures that support the bridge spans during construction until the bridge can support itself.
- Night work is underway at Piers 10-12 in the St. Croix River.
Current traffic impacts
- Traffic is single-lane in both directions on the existing WIS 35/64 on the north end of the project limits.
- The south access to Andersen Scout Camp Rd from WIS 35/64 is closed until Sept. 2015. The detour is Andersen Scout Camp Rd north of 150th Ave at the Cty V interchange. See detour map (PDF).
Wisconsin bluff construction activities
- Crews will clear trees as needed on the Wisc. bluff as part of Pier 13 construction. This will occur through summer 2015. The width of removal is limited to no more than 10 ft. beyond each side of the bridge.
- Pier construction is underway. Pier foundation construction includes periodic sheet and pile driving.
- Work is occurring at all five piers in the St. Croix River. Crews are using a temporary causeway to access Pier 8 and barges/boats to access Piers 9-12. Pier 8 is the river pier closest to Minnesota land and Pier 12 is closest to Wisconsin land.
- All five river pier locations are built to the height of the crossbeam. The crossbeam connects the upstream and downstream columns at each pier location.
- Crossbeam construction is complete at Piers 8, 9 and 12 and is in progress at Piers 10 and 11.
- Pier table construction is complete at Piers 8 and 9 and is in progress at Pier 12.
- Crews are installing pre-cast river bridge segments at Piers 8 and 9. Read more about the bridge deck construction process.