Current construction impacts
Current traffic impacts
- Traffic is single-lane in both directions at the Hwy 36/95 intersection in Oak Park Heights through fall 2015.
- Traffic is single-lane on Hwy 36 between east of Osgood Ave and Hwy 95.
Hwy 36/Hwy 95 ramp
- Traffic remains single-lane east of Osgood Ave until the ramp is complete.
- Periodic pile driving for cast-in-place approach bridge falsework on Minnesota land is underway through fall 2015. Falsework is a series of temporary structures that support the bridge spans during construction until the bridge can support itself.
- Night work is occurring at Piers 10 and 11 on the river through fall 2015.
Wisconsin bluff construction activities
- Crews will clear trees as needed on the Wisconsin bluff as part of Pier 13 construction. This will occur through fall 2015. The width of removal is limited to no more than 10 ft. beyond each side of the bridge.
- Pier 13 construction is underway through winter 2015-16.
- Work is occurring at all five piers in the St. Croix River. Crews are using a temporary causeway to access Pier 8 and barges/boats to access Piers 9-12. Pier 8 is the river pier closest to Minnesota land and Pier 12 is closest to Wisconsin land.
- Crossbeam construction is complete at all five river piers. The crossbeam connects the upstream and downstream columns at each pier location.
- Pier table construction is complete at Piers 8, 9 and 12 and is underway at Piers 10 and 11.
- Pier tower construction is complete at Piers 8, 9 and 12 and is underway at Piers 10 and 11.
- Crews are installing pre-cast river bridge segments at Pier 12. Read more about the bridge deck construction process.