Current construction impacts
Current traffic impacts
- Traffic is single-lane in each direction on Hwy 36 between east of Osgood Ave and Hwy 95.
- Traffic is single-lane in each direction at the Hwy 36/95 intersection through fall 2016.
Hwy 36/Hwy 95 ramp
- Traffic remains single-lane in each direction east of Osgood Ave until the ramp is complete.
- Periodic pile driving for cast-in-place approach bridge falsework on Minnesota land is underway. Falsework is a series of temporary structures that support the bridge spans during construction until the bridge can support itself.
- Work is occurring at all five piers in the St. Croix River. Crews are using a temporary causeway to access Pier 8 and barges/boats to access Piers 9-12. Pier 8 is the river pier closest to Minnesota land and Pier 12 is closest to Wisconsin land.
- River pier construction, including the pier towers, is complete at all five river piers.
- Crossbeam and pier table construction is complete at all five river piers.
- Pre-cast segment installation has resumed at Piers 8, 9 and 12 and has begun at Piers 10 and 11. Read more about the bridge deck construction process.
- Stay cable installation is ongoing at Piers 8 and 9.