Current construction impacts
- Periodic pile driving for cast-in-place approach bridge falsework on Minnesota land is underway. Falsework is a series of temporary structures that support the bridge spans during construction until the bridge can support itself.
- Work is occurring at all five piers in the St. Croix River. Crews are using a temporary causeway to access Pier 8 and barges/boats to access Piers 9-12. Pier 8 is the river pier closest to Minnesota land and Pier 12 is closest to Wisconsin land.
- River pier construction, including the pier towers, is complete at all five river piers.
- Crossbeam and pier table construction is complete at all five river piers.
- Pre-cast segment installation is complete. Read more about the bridge deck construction process.
- Stay cable installation is complete.