Hwy 36 and Hwy 95 traffic impacts near Stillwater for Labor Day weekend
Aug. 28, 2013
STILLWATER, Minn. – All roadways will be open for motorists traveling to the Stillwater/Oak Park Heights area for Labor Day weekend activities; however, there will be traffic impacts on Highway 36 and Highway 95 near the St. Croix Crossing project.
St. Croix Crossing Hwy 36 traffic impacts
- The Beach Road bridge and the Highway 36 ramps to and from Beach Road are closed.
- Expect traffic delays at the Osgood intersection. . Motorists traveling between eastbound Hwy 36 and Hwy 95 should seek alternate routes to avoid congestion. Local traffic to businesses and residences can use the new extension of the S. Frontage Road.
- Single-lane traffic continues on Highway 36 east of Osgood Avenue. Temporary traffic signals remain at the junction of Highway 36 and Highway 95 between Lookout Trail and Point Road.
- Access to the north entrance of Sunnyside Marina from eastbound Highway 36 is not available. Sunnyside residents and marina users should use the signed alternate route.
- Ongoing impacts on local roads near Highway 36 remain in place. Visit the project website for more details including maps and images of all detour and alternate routes.
St. Croix Crossing Hwy 95 traffic impacts
- Highway 95 will continue to have a single lane in each direction. No other traffic impacts are expected.
St. Croix River No Wake Zone
- Buoys between Stillwater and Bayport provide a designated work zone area and narrow the river channel to meet Coast Guard standards.
- The Minnesota and Wisconsin Departments of Transportation request that boaters not create wakes in the restricted channel and not enter the designated work zone.
Stay connected, ask questions or provide comments to the St. Croix Crossing project team:
- Visit the project website
- Sign-up for weekly email updates
- Call the hotline at 1-855-GO-CROIX (462-7649)
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter @stcroixcrossing
- Download the new 511 mobile app or visit www.511mn.org
- Stop by the office at 1862 Greeley St. S., Stillwater. Hours are 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, and extended office hours occur Tuesdays until 6:30 p.m.