Public meeting for Beach Road bridge closure in Oak Park Heights set for July 22
STILLWATER, Minn.— Area residents and business owners are invited to attend a public meeting about the upcoming Beach Road bridge closure over Highway 36. The meeting will occur Monday, July 22, from 5:30-7 p.m. at the Oak Park Heights City Hall—14168 Oak Park Blvd. N., Oak Park Heights, MN.
Jon Chiglo, St. Croix Crossing project manager, will give a brief presentation about the closure at 5:45 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Project staff will be available to discuss the bridge closure and answer questions throughout the meeting.
The bridge will close in early August, weather permitting, allowing crews to construct the new Beach Road bridge. With the temporary bridge closure, permanent closures will occur at the entrance ramp from Beach Road to westbound Highway 36 and the exit ramp from eastbound Highway 36 to Beach Road.
Alternate access to/from Hwy 95 during bridge closure
- Access to southbound Highway 95 will be available from eastbound Highway 36 by going south on Highway 5 and then east on County Road 14. (see map)
- Access to westbound Highway 36 will be available from northbound Highway 95 by going west on 56th Street N., south on Stagecoach Trail, west on County Road 14 and then north on Highway 5. (see map)
New Highway 95 ramps to/from Highway 36 are anticipated to be open at the end of September 2013. The new Beach Road bridge will open by the end of 2013.
The Minnesota approach project will be complete by fall 2014 and the new St. Croix Crossing bridge will be complete in fall 2016. When all work is finished, motorists will have smoother highway pavement surfaces, improved flow at intersections, improved frontage road system and a new river crossing between Minnesota and Wisconsin. All of this will occur while maintaining or restoring the area’s cultural, historic and environmental resources.
Stay connected, ask questions or provide comments to the St. Croix Crossing project team:
- Visit the project website
- Sign up for weekly email updates
- Call the hotline at 1-855-GO-CROIX (462-7649)
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter @stcroixcrossing
- Stop by the project office at 1862 Greeley St. S., Stillwater. Office hours are 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., and extended office hours occur Tuesdays until 6:30 p.m.