Highways 36, 95 traffic impacts minimal near Stillwater for 4th of July travelers
STILLWATER, Minn.— Motorists traveling to the Stillwater/Oak Park Heights area for 4th of July activities will experience minimal impacts on Highway 36 and Highway 95 near the St. Croix Crossing project. Some impacts on Highway 36 will occur in the east metro, and boaters will experience a few delays.
St. Croix Crossing Hwy 36 traffic impacts
- All lanes of Highway 36 and Highway 95 in the project area will be open July 4-7. Crews will not work July 4, but will work July 5-6.
- Motorists traveling from eastbound Highway 36 to southbound Highway 95 or northbound Highway 95 to westbound Highway 36 will use a temporary bypass through the construction zone. The area is controlled by flaggers. Drivers may experience slight delays.
- Ongoing impacts on local roads near Highways 36 remain in place. Details are available at www.mndot.gov/stcroixcrosing
Other construction in the East Metro area
Motorists may want to find alternate routes into Stillwater due to:
- Highway 36 is closed between Highway 61 and White Bear Avenue for English St. interchange construction.
- Highway 36 has intermittent single-lane traffic in each direction from Interstate 694 to one mile east of De Montreville Trail in Lake Elmo for Hilton Trail interchange construction.
St. Croix River No Wake Zone
- The Department of Natural Resources currently has a no wake zone on the St. Croix River, due to high water levels. This may be lifted at some point during the holiday weekend.
- After the full no wake zone lifts, the Minnesota and Wisconsin departments of Transportation request boaters to not create wakes in the restricted channel between Stillwater and Bayport and to not enter the designated work zone.
Stillwater Lift Bridge 4th of July schedule
The Stillwater Lift Bridge will remain in the down position at 10:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. to accommodate highway traffic going to and from 4th of July fireworks in Stillwater. The 10 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. lifts for boaters will still take place.
Stay connected, ask questions or provide comments to the St. Croix Crossing project team:
- Visit the project website
- Sign up for weekly email updates
- Call the hotline at 1-855-GO-CROIX (462-7649)
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter @stcroixcrossing
- Stop by the project office at 1862 Greeley St. S., Stillwater. Office hours are 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., and extended office hours occur Tuesdays until 6:30 p.m.