St. Croix Crossing Weekly Project Update (June 4, 2013)
STILLWATER, Minn.— St. Croix Crossing project crews continue working in the St. Croix River and adjacent to Minnesota Highways 36 and 95, east of Osgood Avenue in Oak Park Heights.
Crews continue bridge pier work closest to the Minnesota shoreline.
- Buoys are now in the river off the Minnesota shoreline providing a designated work zone area and narrowing the river channel. A ‘no wake’ zone is also in place around this work zone.
- Boaters should slow down, be mindful of the construction area and not enter the designated work zone. This is for worker safety and equipment stability.
Crews continue clearing land adjacent to Minnesota Highway 95 in Oak Park Heights this week. This will remain an active construction zone through the end of the year. For safety concerns, unauthorized pedestrians and vehicles are prohibited from entering this area.
- Work involves clearing trees and vegetation and removing pavement from the ‘Village neighborhood’ located in Oak Park Heights between Highway 36, Beach Road and Highway 95. This site is the location for the future alignment of Highway 95.
- Land preparation along the west side of Highway 95 continues this week in preparation for pipe construction work; land preparation east of Highway 95 will begin the week of June 10.
- Construction activities for the new frontage road extension south of Highway 36, east of Club Tara, are expected to begin the week of June 10.
- Beach Road/59th Street and Stagecoach Trail remain open to traffic.
- Local access from 59th Street to Peller, Penrose and Penfield avenues is closed; access to the neighborhood is available at 58th Street from Stagecoach Trail.
On Wednesday, June 5, and Thursday, June 6, the St. Croix Crossing project team will host two business open houses. These meetings are designed for local business owners and operators to ask questions and discuss the St. Croix Crossing project. Both meetings will occur at 7:30 a.m.
- June 5, Stillwater Motors, 5900 Stillwater Blvd. N., Oak Park Heights
- June 6, Water Street Inn, 101 Water St. S., Stillwater
The Minnesota and Wisconsin departments of Transportation invite the public to the following St. Croix Crossing open houses:
- June 4, 6:30-8 p.m., Houlton Elementary School, 70 County Highway E Houlton, Wis.
- June 11, 4:30-6:30 p.m., Stillwater Public Library, 224 Third St. N., Stillwater, Minn.
Agency representatives will be available to explain the project, answer questions and listen to concerns from area residents and local businesses.
To request an ASL or foreign language interpreter or to request other reasonable accommodations, call 651-366-4720 in Minnesota or 715-833-9814 in Wisconsin. Hearing or speech impaired individuals are encouraged to call the Minnesota Relay Service at 1-800-627-3529 or 651-296-9930 TTY or for the Wisconsin Relay Service email your request to email@example.com.
The St. Croix Project Office, located at 1862 Greeley St. in Stillwater, is open to the public from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, with extended office hours on Tuesdays until 6:30 p.m.