Hwys 36, 95 lane restrictions, bridge work continue
St. Croix Crossing Weekly Project Update June 21, 2013
STILLWATER, Minn.— Motorists and residents will experience continued St. Croix Crossing construction activities and traffic impacts on Highway 36, Highway 95 and local streets during the week of June 24.
Road work and traffic impacts
Motorists on Highway 36 should expect delays near the Osgood intersection and Highway 95 near Sunnyside Marina and Point Road.
Crews continue working to expand the frontage road on the south side of Highway 36, east of Phil’s Tara Hideaway restaurant. Local traffic impacts include:
- Beach Road and Stagecoach Trail remain open to traffic. Motorists traveling from Beach Road to Stagecoach Trail are now using a temporary bypass. Expect traffic delays in the area due to construction activity.
- Local access from 59th Street to Peller Avenue and Penrose Avenue is now closed. Access into the neighborhood is available at 58th Street from Stagecoach Trail.
Land clearing along the east side of Highway 95 south of the junction with Highway 36 continues. Work is expected to be complete the week of June 24.
Work hours for the roadway project are Monday through Saturday from 7 a.m. until dusk. Future construction may include some overnight work.
Bridge foundations work
Crews continue working on the two piers closest to the Minnesota shoreline and the pier closest to the Wisconsin shoreline. Ongoing work includes pile driving, caisson installation and excavation for pier footings.
The City of Stillwater dock area, north of Sunnyside Marina, is an active construction zone. To ensure public safety, unauthorized pedestrians and vehicles are prohibited from entering active construction areas. Pedestrians are asked to not use the trail through this area.
Buoys remain in place along the Minnesota and Wisconsin shoreline, providing a designated work zone area and narrowing the river channel to meet Coast Guard standards. MnDOT requests boaters to not create wakes in the restricted channel for the safety of crews working and equipment stability.
Stay connected, ask questions or provide comments to the St. Croix Crossing project team:
- Visit the project website
- Like us on the project Facebook page
- Sign-up for weekly email updates
- Call project hotline at 1-855-GO-CROIX (462-7649)
- Stop by the St. Croix Crossing project office at 1862 Greeley St. S., Stillwater. Office hours are 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., and extended office hours occur Tuesdays until 6:30 p.m.