St. Croix Crossing Weekly Project Update (June 18, 2013)
STILLWATER, Minn.— Motorists will experience traffic delays on Highway 36 and Highway 95 in the Oak Park Heights and Stillwater area beginning June 19 as crews continue approach work for the St. Croix River Crossing Project.
- Eastbound and westbound Highway 36 between Osgood Avenue and Washington Avenue, and northbound and southbound Highway 95 between Point Road and King Plant Drive will be down to one lane in each direction through June 21, depending on weather conditions.
- Highway 95 will have lane closures between the junction of Highway 36 and Highway 95 and the Sunnyside entrance, due to a grading operation.
- Motorists will experience left lane closures on southbound Highway 95 to westbound Highway 36 the week of June 24 in anticipation of the traffic switch on Highway 36 in mid-July.
- Construction activities begin for the new extension of the frontage road on the south side of Highway 36, east of Phil’s Tara Hideaway Restaurant.
- Beach Road/59th Street and Stagecoach Trail will remain open to traffic; traffic from Beach Road to Stagecoach Trail will be moved onto a temporary bypass. Expect traffic delays in the area due to construction activity.
- Local access from 59th Street to Peller Avenue and Penrose Avenue will be closed. Access into the neighborhood will be available at 58th Street from Stagecoach Trail.
- For safety concerns, unauthorized pedestrians and vehicles are prohibited from entering active construction areas.
- Work hours for the roadway project are Monday through Saturday from 7 a.m. until dusk; future activities may include some overnight work.
- Work on the two piers closest to the Minnesota shoreline continues, including pile driving, caisson installation and excavation for pier footings.
- Work on the pier closest to the Wisconsin shoreline is anticipated to begin late next week.
- Buoys are now in place along the Minnesota and Wisconsin shoreline, providing a designated work zone area and narrowing the river channel. A “no wake” worker safety zone is also in place around the work area.
- For the safety of workers and the stability of equipment, boaters are asked to slow down, be mindful of the construction area and not enter the designated work zone.
For questions or comments about the project: Call the project hotline at 1-855-GO-CROIX (462-7649). Visit www.mndot.gov/stcroixcrossing and the St. Croix Crossing Facebook page at www.facebook.com/saintcroixcrossingmndot.
Stop by the St. Croix Project Office at 1862 Greeley St. in Stillwater. Normal office hours are from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. There are extended office hours on Tuesdays until 6:30 p.m.