St. Croix Crossing Weekly Project Update (June 11, 2013)
STILLWATER, Minn.— In the upcoming week, the public will notice increased activities in the river and on land for the St. Croix Crossing Project.
Foundations work, which mainly includes installing drilled shafts through the river’s bedrock and driving 120 foot long metal piles into the shafts, will continue this week.
- Pier work on the two piers closest to the Minnesota shoreline continues; including filling the now secured hollow piles with rebar and concrete, then known as a caisson, and excavating for pier footings.
- Buoys are now in place along the Minnesota and Wisconsin shoreline, providing a designated work zone area and narrowing the river channel. A “no wake” zone is also in place around the work area.
- For the safety of workers and the stability of equipment, boaters are asked to slow down, be mindful of the construction area and not enter the designated work zone.
Approach work is moving along with little change from last week’s activities.
- At the end of next week, construction activities begin for the new frontage road extension on the south side of Highway 36, east of Phil’s Tara Hideaway Restaurant.
- Beach Road/59th Street and Stagecoach Trail will remain open to traffic. Expect traffic delays in the area due to construction activity.
- Local access from 59th Street to Peller Avenue, Penrose Avenue and Penfield Avenue will be closed. Access into the neighborhood will be available at 58th Street from Stagecoach Trail.
- Land clearing adjacent to Minnesota Highway 95 and Highway 36 junction in Oak Park Heights continues. Crews will begin work on the east side of Highway 95 next week.
- For safety concerns, unauthorized pedestrians and vehicles are prohibited from entering active construction areas
June 11, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Stillwater Public Library, 224 Third St. N. Stillwater, Minn.
Agency representatives will be available to explain the project, answer questions, and listen to concerns from area residents and local businesses.
To request an ASL or foreign language interpreter or to request other reasonable accommodations, call 651-366-4720 in Minnesota or 715-833-9814 in Wisconsin. Hearing or speech impaired individuals are encouraged to call the Minnesota Relay Service at 1-800-627-3529 or 651-296-9930 TTY or for the Wisconsin Relay Service email your request to email@example.com.
The St. Croix Project Office, located at 1862 Greeley St. in Stillwater, is open to the public from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, with extended office hours on Tuesdays until 6:30 p.m.