Reminder: Public invited to 2014 St. Croix Crossing construction meetings March 12
2014 Highway 36/95 construction staging map now available online
March 7, 2014
STILLWATER, Minn. – Area residents and business owners are reminded that public meetings about 2014 St. Croix Crossing construction will occur on Wednesday, March 12, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and 4:30-7 p.m., at the Oak Park Heights City Hall—14168 Oak Park Blvd. N.
Project staff—including the Minnesota and Wisconsin departments of Transportation and contractors—will be present to discuss:
- Minnesota approach Highway 36/Highway 95 2014 construction schedule, which includes frontage road reconstruction, utility installation and trail construction.
- WIS 35/WIS 64 approach construction schedule, which requires a detour for WIS 35 in spring/summer 2014.
- St. Croix Crossing bridge work
Representatives from the city of Oak Park Heights and Washington County will also be present to share information about additional local road construction projects occurring in the area in 2014.
During 2014 construction, Highway 36 and Highway 95 in Minnesota will remain open. Access to businesses and residences will be available at all times. Highway 36 will be single lane in each direction between Washington/Norell Avenue and Highway 95 for the entirety of the 2014 construction season.
More detailed information and maps showing the 2014 construction schedule will be provided at the public meeting The 2014 Highways 36/95 construction staging map currently is available at www.mndot.gov/stcroixcrossing. Each public meeting will follow an open house format, and formal presentations will occur during the following times:
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Presentations at 11:15 a.m. and 12:15 p.m.
4:30 to 7 p.m.
Presentations at 5 and 6 p.m.
All Minnesota approach work is anticipated to be complete by the end of 2014 and the new St. Croix Crossing bridge/Wisconsin approach work will be complete in late summer 2016. When all work is finished, motorists will have smoother highway pavement surfaces, improved flow at intersections, an improved frontage road system—including safer access—and a new river crossing between Minnesota and Wisconsin. All of this will occur while maintaining or restoring the area’s cultural, historic and environmental resources.
Stay connected, ask questions or provide comments to the St. Croix Crossing project team:
- Visit the project website
- Sign-up for weekly email updates
- Call the hotline at 1-855-GO-CROIX (462-7649)
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter @stcroixcrossing
- Download the new 511 mobile app or visit www.511mn.org
- Stop by the office at 1862 Greeley St. S., Stillwater. Hours are 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.