St. Croix Crossing Weekly Project Update (May 13, 2013)
STILLWATER, Minn. — Fifty-Ninth Street North, between Stagecoach Trail and Highway 95, will permanently close May 13 as part of the work being done on the St. Croix Crossing project. In addition, crews this week will continue to build a construction staging area for the bridge foundations on the Minnesota banks of the river and do survey work on the shoulders of Highway 36 and Highway 95.
The public is encouraged to call 888-GO-CROIX, the new St. Croix Crossing Hot Line number, with questions or concerns about the project. Messages left on the hotline voice mail will be addressed within 24 hours.
Activities for the week of May 13
- Moving cranes and other equipment to the bridge project site
- Launching barges into the river
- Continuing construction of a dock north of Sunnyside Marina to provide equipment access to the river
- NOTE: In the near future, buoys will be placed around the pier work, narrowing the river channel. For the safety of workers and the stability of equipment, boaters are asked to slow down and be mindful of these areas.
Highway 36 and Highway 95 approaches
- Clearing land adjacent to Minnesota Highway 95 in Oak Park Heights is underway and anticipated to continue for two weeks. This is an active work zone, and for safety reasons, the public is prohibited from entering.
- Surveying on shoulders of Highway 36 and Highway 95, and testing soil within the median of Highway 36, between Highway 95 and Northwestern Avenue.
- Beginning construction on the Club Tara parking lot, located to the east of the restaurant
The Minnesota and Wisconsin departments of transportation invite the public to the following St. Croix Crossing open houses:
Minnesota open houses
May 23, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Oak Park Heights City Hall
14168 Oak Park Blvd. N., Oak Park Heights
May 30, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Bayport Public Library
582 4th St. N., Bayport
June 11, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Stillwater Public Library
224 3rd St. N., Stillwater
Wisconsin open houses
May 21, 5-7 p.m.
Hudson High School Cafeteria
1501 Vine St., Hudson
June 4, 6:30-8 p.m.
Houlton Elementary School
70 County Highway E Houlton
Agency staff will be available to explain the project, answer questions and listen to concerns from area residents and local businesses.
To request an ASL or foreign language interpreter or to request other reasonable accommodations, call 651-366-4720 in Minnesota or 715-833-9814 in Wisconsin. Hearing or speech impaired individuals are encouraged to call the Minnesota Relay Service at 1-800-627-3529 or 651-296-9930 TTY; for the Wisconsin Relay Service, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The St. Croix Project Office, located at 1862 Greeley St. in Stillwater, is open to the public from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, with extended office hours on Tuesdays until 6:30 p.m.