Stay cable installation complete
River bridge segment placement nearly complete
Sept. 28, 2016
STILLWATER, Minn. – Crews completed installing the stay cables at Pier 10 on Friday, Sept. 23. Stay cable installation is now complete at all five river piers.
A total of eight stay cables are anchored within each pier tower, each connecting to a stay segment on the bridge deck. Stay cables help support the load, or weight, on the bridge and are necessary to support 600-foot spans between the river piers.
Other St. Croix Crossing bridge construction highlights include:
- The final barge loaded with river bridge segments left the Grey Cloud Island casting yard and arrived on the project site Tuesday, Sept. 27
- Crews anticipate placing the final river bridge segments the week of Oct. 3
- Crews continue to work on the overlooks at Piers 8 and 10. Overlook construction will begin at Pier 12 in mid-October.
Stay connected, ask questions or provide comments to the St. Croix Crossing project team:
- Visit the project web site
- Sign-up for weekly email updates
- Call the hotline at 1-855-GO-CROIX (1-855-462-7649)
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter @stcroixcrossing
- Stop by the office at 1862 Greeley St. S. in Stillwater. Hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
# # #