Work begins on St. Croix Crossing overlooks
Aug. 24, 2016
Lighting and drainage installation continues at Piers 8 and 9
STILLWATER, Minn. – Crews began installing falsework at Piers 8 and 10 on the upstream pier towers where the overlooks will be constructed.
Falsework is a temporary structure that supports the overlook during construction until all work is complete and the overlook can support itself. The falsework is not a permanent part of the bridge.
The overlooks are part of the loop trail, and will be located at Piers 8, 10 and 12. Each overlook location will have interpretive panels with information ranging from the history of Stillwater to the environment.
Other St. Croix Crossing bridge construction highlights include:
- Crews continue to install permanent lighting and the drainage system at Piers 8 and 9
- Crews will have placed up to the 20th eastbound and westbound segments in the bridge deck construction sequence and up to the fifth set of stay cables at Pier 10 by the end of the week of Aug. 21
- Crews will have placed up to the 22nd eastbound and westbound segments in the bridge deck construction sequence and up to the sixth set of stay cables at Pier 11 by the end of the week of Aug. 21
Minnesota approach construction highlights
Construction crews began stressing the cables at Pier 4 where the pre-cast segments meet the cast-in-place portion of what will make up the driving surface of eastbound Highway 36.
Stay connected, ask questions or provide comments to the St. Croix Crossing project team:
- Visit the project web site
- Sign-up for weekly email updates
- Call the hotline at 1-855-GO-CROIX (1-855-462-7649)
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter @stcroixcrossing
- Stop by the office at 1862 Greeley St. S. in Stillwater. Hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
# # #