Crews cast final segment for St. Croix Crossing bridge deck Aug. 3
Aug. 10, 2016
Segment lifters place first segment at Pier 10
STILLWATER, Minn. – Workers at the St. Croix Crossing Grey Cloud casting yard, located in Cottage Grove, cast the final segment Wednesday, Aug. 3.
Since Fall 2014, crews have produced nearly 650 pre-cast segments at the Grey Cloud casting yard. These segments are being used for the main river bridge.
Crews completed casting segments at the on-site casting yard, near the Highway 36/Highway 95 interchange, in mid-July.
Other St. Croix Crossing bridge construction highlights include:
- The segment lifters that were lifting segments at Pier 8 have been moved and are now operational at Pier 10. Crews used the segment lifters to place the 19th eastbound and westbound segments in the bridge deck construction sequence.
- Crews have placed up to the 19th eastbound and westbound segments in the bridge deck construction sequence at Pier 11 and will have installed the fourth set of stay cables by the end of the week of Aug. 8.
- Crews have installed the seventh set of stay cables at Pier 12, closest to the Wisconsin shoreline.
Stay connected, ask questions or provide comments to the St. Croix Crossing project team:
- Visit the project web site
- Sign-up for weekly email updates
- Call the hotline at 1-855-GO-CROIX (1-855-462-7649)
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter @stcroixcrossing
- Stop by the office at 1862 Greeley St. S. in Stillwater. Hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
# # #