Stay cable installation begins at Pier 11
June 30, 2016
Paving underway in Wisconsin
STILLWATER, Minn. – Crews installed the first set of stay cables at Pier 11 near the Wisconsin shoreline on June 29. Stay cable installation is anticipated to begin at Pier 10 after the holiday.
The segment lifters that were erecting segments at Pier 9 have been moved and are now operational at Pier 11. When bridge deck construction is complete at Pier 8 in early July, those segment lifters will move to Pier 10.
Other St. Croix Crossing bridge construction highlights are:
- Crews have installed the third set of stay cables at Pier 12, closest to the Wisconsin shoreline
- Crews will have placed up to the 10th eastbound and westbound segments in the bridge deck construction sequence at Pier 10, by the end of the week of June 27
- Crews continue to glue segments at Span 14. All segments will be glued by mid-July. Span 14 bridge deck construction is ongoing through the fall.
Wisconsin highway construction update
Crews completed paving the new Hwy 35/64 eastbound lanes. Paving will continue on the westbound lanes as well as the CR E interchange ramps.
Stay connected, ask questions or provide comments to the St. Croix Crossing project team:
- Visit the project web site
- Sign-up for weekly email updates
- Call the hotline at 1-855-GO-CROIX (1-855-462-7649)
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter @stcroixcrossing
- Stop by the office at 1862 Greeley St. S. in Stillwater. Hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
# # #