Monday, Aug. 20 to mid-September
- The right lane and shoulder of EB Hwy 36/Wis Hwy 64 St. Croix Crossing bridge will be closed between the state line and Wisc. State Hwy 35 for storm sewer pipe repair on the Wisconsin bluff. The closure is needed for a crane to make emergency repairs below the bridge on the Wisconsin shoreline.
St. Croix Crossing final work and mitigation
Although the Hwy 36 St. Croix river crossing opened to traffic on Wed, Aug. 2, 2017, additional work remains to complete the project.
- Final cleanup and landscaping
- Rehabilitation and conversion of Stillwater Lift bridge to bicycle/pedestrian traffic and to serve boat traffic
- Completion of Upper Loop Trail Project:
- Construction of the Upper Loop Trail in Minnesota, including a parking lot
- Completion of Loop Trail, trailhead and parking lot in Wisconsin
Construction on related projects
Stillwater Lift Bridge Project
Aug. 2017 to June 2019
With the new St. Croix Crossing bridge opened to traffic, the historic Stillwater Lift Bridge conversion project has begun. The Lift Bridge is now closed to ALL traffic.
The Lift bridge, spanning the St. Croix River, will be converted to a bicycle/pedestrian crossing and will also become part of a five-mile “loop trail” system connecting the new river bridge with the historic bridge. The Lift Bridge will continue to operate to allow boat navigation beneath.
Hwy 95 in Stillwater
Construction of the Upper Loop Trail along Hwy 95 in Stillwater includes adding new drainage structures beneath Hwy 95 near the Oasis Café and landscaping.
Wisconsin Hwy 64, Houlton, Wis.
Wisconsin Hwy 64 Loop Trail in Wisconsin: Construction of Loop Trail in Wisconsin (part of St. Croix Crossing’s Loop Trail project) and landscaping. Includes construction of two trailhead parking lots, a restroom and a picnic shelter with tables and benches.