Road construction has distinctive impacts on businesses, so we want the Hwy 36 business community to be highly informed about the 2014 construction season. This page is the one-stop resource for businesses within the project area. We encourage you to use the following tools for communicating with your employees, customers, suppliers and vendors. We want your feedback, as well. Feel free to contact us directly if you have additional needs. Stop back to this page often as we will continue to provide relevant and updated information as the construction season progresses.
Tools for businesses during construction
- Project email updates
- Linkable project button for your website
- Printable construction maps
- Detour maps and other resources
A great way to stay connected to all happenings within the project is through our weekly emailed project updates. If you are not already signed up to receive these important updates, sign up here.
Embed one of these linkable images onto your website or Intranet for employees and customers seeking information about St. Croix Crossing construction.
We recommend inserting one of the above images in your Home, About or Contact Us page, then embedding the link to the St. Croix Crossing homepage within the image. The link to that page is http://www.dot.state.mn.us/stcroixcrossing/index.html. If you require more detailed instructions about how set up the image, please contact us.
You may find these maps helpful for communicating about construction activities. We encourage you to print them out and keep them handy in your break room, lobby or other area that is frequented by employees and customers. Maps are formatted to print on 11x17 paper.
Assist your employees and customers with accessing your business during construction. We recommend distributing the applicable detour map to your networks via email, featuring it on your website and displaying it in high-traffic areas.
- Detour maps coming soon as official detour information becomes available
- Greater Stillwater Chamber of Commerce
- Success 2014: The Chamber is spearheading a program called Success 2014 that offers resources for businesses during construction, including financial and media experts that provide customized cash flow planning, lines of credit, loans, marketing programs and advertising discounts.
- The Small Business Development Center at the University of St. Thomas advises small businesses on profitability and growth. Contact the Center at www.mnsbdc.com or 651-962-4500.