Needs Program Instructions
Abbreviated steps for updating Needs in the Needs Program
With your cursor, hover over the ‘Needs Cycle’ dropdown box’, hover on ‘Needs Data’ and then click on ‘Roadway Segments’. From here you can:
- Revise a Segment - Click on the segment you want to review and update the correct fields
- Add New Roadway Segment - Create a new segment from scratch by inputting the data in the correct data fields by clicking on the ‘Add New Roadway Segment button’
- Copy a Segment - Click on the segment to copy. Revise the data on the segment that was copied from and the new copied segment.
This is also another way to create a new segment.
- Delete a Segment - From the ‘Roadway Segments’ screen, click on the segment to be deleted. Click the delete button. If the wrong segment has been deleted, click on the Undelete button.
- Add a Structure - Click on the segment that will contain the structure. Click on the Structure button. Follow the instructions for updating a structure
After all system revisions have been completed, then submit the Needs to the DSAE by following the instructions below:
- Hover over the ‘Needs Cycle’ dropdown
- Click on the ‘Submit City’ option
- Click on Submit
These are abbreviated instructions for revising Needs. More detailed training will be offered in January, February of 2015.