- Be patient when passing a bicyclist - slow down and pass only
when it’s safe. Allow clearance of at least three feet.
- Look before you merge - check mirrors and blind spots before
- Be on the lookout - watch for and yield to bicyclists before
making a turn.
- Use extra caution around young bicyclists - children’s
movements can be unpredictable.
- Be respectful - don’t speed past a bicyclist to make an upcoming
right turn. It’s easy to misjudge how fast bicyclists are traveling.
- Exit your vehicle safely - look for bicyclists before opening your
- Think before you honk - honking may startle a bicyclist and
cause a crash.
- Stay alert and avoid distracted driving - put away mobile devices, food and makeup.