Minnesota Scenic Byways
Scenic Byway Funding
Home | Outdoor Advertising on Scenic Byways | Funding | Contact Us

How can I submit a road or apply for National Scenic Byway grants?

About $40 million is available nationally on an annual basis through a discretionary grants program administered by the FHWA National Scenic Byways Program. Project funds are available for eight eligible activities connected with state and nationally designated scenic byways. Any federal aid eligible agency can apply. That includes:



Byway organizations can also apply for funds but projects must be administered through a federal aid eligible agency. Discretionary Grant funds are available on a reimbursement basis and may be used to reimburse up to 80 percent of eligible project expenses.

Applications are accepted by the Federal Administration annually. Project solicitations are announced and online applications can be accessed at National Scenic Byways Program Discretionary Grants. Potential applicants must read the grant Information document thoroughly before preparing an application.


It is also advisable to contact the Minnesota State Scenic Byways Coordinator to discuss potential project applications:


More Links